Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
any of you moms in Atlanta? When I lived here before I know there was a gay family group, but my daughter was a little too young for it to be fun for all of us. What's going on here for queer families?
thanks,
Chance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just left midtown and went about an hour west of the city--miss all it offers but not the crazy noise and traffic
We are just beginning the TTC process (very early) so not much in common parent-wise yet! Hope you meet some wonderful folks--there are a ton there! Good luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I'm a native Atlantan, just returning from two years in Florida.
Charis Books and More was one of my first jobs!
I have lots of queer friends, many with kids... just looking for a more organized, community based group...
thanks,
Chance

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have to second MEGA (they're clients of mine and ED is awesome)! Go to their website and see if they link to any other groups. You can probably also email Kathy and ask if she knows of any queer friendly parent groups.

teafor2, are you a fellow Scottie? What year?

~Julia

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Yes, honestly I have never encountered another Chance in my lifetime.
Class of '97 here.
Amanda Lockhart (97) and her partner and son live on my street.
Also, Rebecca Jones (01 I think?) lives in my neighborhood with hubby and daughter.
It is such a small world!
Janet, how *are* you?
Chance

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been so neglectful of MDC!

Julia, I majored in art history and classics, so I spent a lot of time in Dana!

And, Chance, WOW, how funny to run into you here---congratulations on your family! Life has treated me well. I've found someone wonderful, and hopefully we'll add to our family this year. I'm on track to be PhDed sometime in the next 3 or so years, and I've honestly enjoyed most of the process. How are YOU?!
And, so funny that Rebecca Jones lives on your street. She e-mails me pictures of Rachael a few times a year . . . she and Kira are still close, so I keep track of her. I don't know any Scotties from our era in Indianapolis, but Amelia Tomlinson lives in Bloomington; we actually moved to Bloomington (where I lived before meeting my partner) in the same month. The irony . . .

Janet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.