Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sewing pocket fitteds and pocket diapers using the same pattern, and they've been working great. But recently I've been noticing that after DS wears them for a while, they are really low in the front, and high in the back... Sort of fitting like a kissaluv. They are working fine, but I am wondering is it from my pattern, and if so where does it need to be adjusted (longer crotch, less elastic in the legs, wider panel in front for the snaps?) or is it just normal as he is moving towards walking (11 1/2 months) and on his feet alot and getting a cute little pot belly, so nothing I do will keep the dipe from sliding down in the front? (just like his daddy wearing the belt under the belly, lol!)

I'm about to make another round, so if its the pattern, I'd like to adjust it. If not, I guess it's not broken, really so why worry too much...

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The pattern I developed does this on purpose, so I guess I don't think it is a problem!

If I wanted to fix it though, I would try widening the front panel a bit and maybe adding like 3-4 inches of elastic in the middle top edge, and go to two rows of snaps if you only have one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.