Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has been addressed before and someone wants to just link me to it, that would be great. I checked the car seat sticky above and don't see anything about this.<br><br>
I installed ds's Britax Boulevard today. We have a Honda Accord. I used the LATCH connectors and the tether and it is rear-facing. I am going to get the seat checked by a tech, but do need to drive before that so I'm asking here...<br><br>
It just seems to me that it is reclined more than 45 degrees. I know you can take a piece of paper and fold it and hold it up to see the angle. I haven't done that yet.<br><br>
I tightened the LATCH straps as tight as I could (I sat in the seat myself and pulled, pulled, pulled). Then I attached the tether. I used the tether connector strap looped around the bottom of the front seat where it is bolted to the floor. Tightening the tether pulls the carseat back a bit. The base of the carseat is off of the backseat. I think it is because the backseat slopes down so much (towards the rear of the car). I just cannot tighten the LATCH straps anymore!<br><br>
What is the best way to measure the angle of the carseat? If it is inclined too far, how do I fix this? I know that the carseat itself has two recline positions, but the upright one is SO upright, IYKWIM. DS just doesn't look comfortable that way.<br><br>
If the seat is reclined a bit more than 45 degrees is this really bad (unsafe)?<br><br>
Ack! I thought this was going to be an easy install! At least it was easier than installing his infant seat when I was 37 weeks pg and it was the middle of the summer!<br><br>
BTW, ds is just over 20 lbs and is around 28 inches tall.<br><br>
ETA: I did just read a recent post about the angle, except their problem was that the angle was LESS than 45 degrees. In one of the responses there were some links about the angle, and it does seem very important that the angle be less than 45. So I guess now I really need to know how to fix mine if I determine that it is more than 45!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
<a href="http://www.carseatsite.com/reclineangle.htm" target="_blank">http://www.carseatsite.com/reclineangle.htm</a><br><br>
Hopefully this thread will help. It's o.k. to be more upright at this age, it doesn't have to be 45 dgrees, but you don't want it overreclined.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts