Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 month old twin boys and have only had girls before. I swear my girls didn't do this, but with the boys when they pee it goes straight to the back of the diaper (and sometimes out the back w/o even wetting the front much). What's up with that? Is this normal for boys or do I need to "aim" them somehow??? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Happens here too... even aiming down. I think it's a boy thing!

·
Registered
794 Posts
my ds went through phases where he would pee out his diaper (even when aimed). there were nights that the diaper was dry but the bed was wet.

the phases seemed to last a few weeks at a time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmm. I have two boys and I've never deal with that before! I've had problems with it coming straight out the front, but never the back!!

Weird! Good luck figuring it out!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I always aimed my boys down and it helped. But even still I think sometimes they pee so much at one time, it runs out before it gets absorbed. My boys have always been VERY heavy wetters. My DD wasn't really a super soaker so I never experienced that.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I don't get is, if they're aiming down (which they usually are - I don't really aim them but they tend to be that way anyway) then why would that *help* the pee not shoot out the back. Seems like aiming down would only encourage this???

ILoveLife - Yes! I'm totally in love with these two. I'm so glad I have them!!!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
What kind of diapers? If they're microfleece topped, are you maybe dealing with repelling fleece? If they're hemp or other natural fiber, did you pre-wash them enough to get them really absorbant?

That is really weird to have pee coming out the back and not up in the front. Maybe the diaper isn't up against the penis when they pee? Maybe your boys are just really powerful pee-ers?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not an absorbtion issue. Their dipes (which have been washed & dried plenty w/no build-up) get completely saturated with pee. They use Kissaluvs during the day almost exclusively - we have a couple Sugar Plum baby velour dipes for day use as well and we use SPB Plum Night Diaper for night which is an awesome dipe, btw - it gets SOAKED but interestingly enough it's always *most* saturated (there's a darker line of pee) in the very back. It's just weird b/c when this does happen it seems like - and forgive me for this - they must have super long winkies b/c it's as though they must wrap themselves all the way to the back of the diaper to just wet it there, kwim? It's really weird! Not that they don't saturate the front of their dipes too - they do - but sometimes it misses that area entirely and winds up all in the back which can result in a leak. Maybe it has to do with the baby's position - seems like it happens more often at night when they're lying flat on their backs.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Ok, it sounded like you were saying that the front wasn't getting wet. When my boy pees, there is always a dark line where the pee stops and the dry area begins, and that is in the back, since the pee migrates from front to back. And if they're laying on their backs when the pee gets back there, that might be why it's coming out at that point instead of somewhere else.

Sounds like they need a doubler. I find that usually, when a boy's pee gets to the back of the soaker, they've pretty much used up that soaker.

·
Registered
765 Posts
it sounds like your little one is just a heavier wetter in general. my son is too and sometimes if he's aiming downward, his pees are so big that they soak the entire back of the diaper FULLY without even saturating the top at all. very odd but it happens. if it's not absorbing at ALL and just leaking out, you probably need to strip your diapers.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My DS seems to leak out the side (especially when we are nursing) ....faulty dipes i assume

·
Registered
40 Posts
my ds wet the back and the bed when he was positioned a certain way and it depended upon what type of diapers i put on him. some where better for nights than others. it seemed like i was always washing sheets . BOL!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.