Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Preparing to Nurse Our Baby

I abfed dd w/only a lact-aid and herbs. It was a very positive experience although it was only for four months and I don't think I produced much of a supply.

As you can see by my sig, ds is still nursing. This time I prepared by following Dr. Newman's protocol; which includes the use of Domperidone. I used Domperidone up until a few months ago. It was for more of a security blanket than truly necessary though. I am still producing bmilk, but since ds is older and taking solids a large supply is not a priority.

BTW, ds didn't latch until after a month of being home. Just would not; he had a couple of times when he first arrived at three days old. I was pumping what little supply I did have and supplementing w/formula. One day he was crying and would not stop, after trying everything I and DH could have thought about, I placed him to breast and we never used another bottle after that. DS still needing supplementing because my supply was not entirely in place, but we used the Lact-aid. After about 2-4 weeks we were no longer supplementing. It was a bit of an uneasy feeling at first, afterall I wanted to nurse him 100%, but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to produce to mee all of his needs.

Best wishes!

· Registered
62 Posts
Hotmama you are my hero! Two years and counting using the supplementer??? That is awesome. We used it for four months w/dd and could have gone longer if I had made contact w/a lactation consultant then....aaaahhhh, hindsight!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.