Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We're not a Waldorf family, but I thought maybe you all might have some insight into a question I have.  My DD loves to roll things (paper, mats, ribbons, you name it).  I saw some beeswax candle rolling kits in a catalog.  They looked really cool but were kind of pricey.  I'm wondering whether there's a place Waldorf moms know about that is reasonably priced.  I want to say these were like $25 for 6 sheets or something.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
<p>I've gotten mine from <a href="http://www.betterbee.com/products.asp?dept=165" target="_blank">Betterbee</a>  They're $14/ 10 sheets.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I also get some other supplies from them (beeswax, wicks, molds) so it makes the shipping worth it, which can be kind of expensive depending on where you are.  I also only order the natural colored sheets.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know some have ordered from <a href="http://www.achildsdream.com/arts_crafts_kits/paper_wax_crafts.htm" target="_blank">A Child's Dream Come True</a> which has the sheets for $20/ 6 sheets.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think Hearth Song has Beeswax Rolling Kits, 12 sheets + wicking for $20.</p>

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
<p>paper scissors stone is where i got them.  you have to order the beeswax sheets and cotton wick string individually.  i thought it was sold as a kit and was suprised not to get the string with the wax so then had to order again for just the wicks.  anyhow, i was happy once we got all the supplies and rolled the candles.  i don't remember the price but did my research at the time (last year) and found this to be the best option.</p>

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>Thanks ladies!  I live in a Northern state where it's freezing already.  Should we wait to order these until spring?</p>

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
<p>even if it is cold, you can always lay the beeswax sheets (while still in their plastic bag) on a warm (not too hot) surface and it will soften them to the perfect consistency.  just take one sheet off the heated surface at a time, make that candle, then take off the next sheet when you are ready for it. </p>

·
Registered
721 Posts
I think it would be fine. You could always email Paper, Scissors, Stone and ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts