Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 37 weeks and have been having bouts of 'false' labor. My MW came to my house today for our appointment, I asked her if she thought there was any value in doing a pelvic. She told me that she didn't need to do one for herself but would be happy to do one if it would help me in any way. Since I had intense false labor this past Friday I decided to go ahead and have her check me. She found my cervix to be anterior, a stretchy 2 cm and 50% effaced. Now, this is #4 for me and I know that I could be 2cm for weeks. I was curious about the cervical position being anterior rather than posterior. I know that usually the cervix turns anterior before birth but is there a time table for that?
I'm not in a big hurry and am confident that this little one will come when he or she is ready, I'm just curious.

Keri

·
Registered
59 Posts
First let me say, I'm a doula, not a midwife, but from my reading and experience I can tell you that no, there isn't a real "time table" for the cervix moving forward (anterior). Like you noted, it is a sign of your body's readiness for labor (just like effacement and early dilation), but it could be today, it could be weeks from now. There's just no sure way to tell when.

You're absolutely right, your baby will come when he or she is ready, and your body is doing a great job getting ready! Best wishes for a beautiful birth!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.