Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My 5 month old has the beginning phases of an ear infection and our pedi prescribed amoxicillan. I wanted to look into natural remedies first and was told by our local health food store that colloidal silver and garlic mullein ear oil works well. I am sure there are posts about this already, but can anyone give me a quick run down if these in fact are effective, safe, and if so, how to administer them to him?
Thank you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The garlic oil I would just drop a couple drops in ear or you could drop it into a cotton ball and tear off a piece and put it in ear. As for the silver I'm not sure how much but you could mix it with breastmilk and feed lo with a little cup, I'm sure you wouldn't need much at all.

Also, a trip to the chiro or craniosacral therapist could do wonders. Massaging ear and doing gentle ear pulls may help as well.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
I would not *personally* give the colloidal silver internally....it can be used quite effectively externally. However it's not my first second or third choice. Garlic mullein drops are fine, onion juice is great and breastmilk is a great choice. I would also visit the chiropractor.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
I would not *personally* give the colloidal silver internally....it can be used quite effectively externally. However it's not my first second or third choice. Garlic mullein drops are fine, onion juice is great and breastmilk is a great choice. I would also visit the chiropractor.
:

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.