Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to figure out what size CPFs I should buy C to go with her wool soakers.

I'm trying to decide between size regular 4x6x4 and size premium 4x8x4.

I'm worried about the 4x8x4 being too bulky. I thought that if I got the 4x6x4 that I could always add in a liner for nighttime if necessary.

I know two people answered before to maybe get the 4x6x4 since she isn't a really heavy wetter but will she outgrow those faster? Should I go ahead and get the 4x8x4?

She is 11 months and can go with just one JB at night in her FB.

Thanks!!

Edited to add:

This is the description for 4x6x4 regular size on naturalbabies.com:

"This white-stitched Chinese prefold is kind of an in-between size. It is slightly smaller than a premium, and it only has 4x6x4 layers, making it less bulky. This would be a good choice if you have a smaller baby that isn't a supersoaker.

Recommended from 6 months to 2 years.

Fits perfectly in medium and large sized covers."

Chloe is only 17 pounds. But since I have never used regular CPFs before (only FBs) I have no idea if FBs hold more urine at a time? I'm trying to gage whether or not she is a light or heavy soaker. Since we're using hemp JB liners, do the JB liners hold more than the CPFs will? I usually don't go through more than 5-7 FBs in a day. Will I go through more than that using CPFs? Will I need to change her more often using CPFs due to them being cotton? I don't want to buy the 4x6x4 and have to turn around and buy 4x8x4 soon afterwards. But I don't want her to have too much bulk! What material of liner is best to use?

I am so CONFUSED!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hey Keisha
It doesn't sound like Chloe is not a heavy wetter AT ALL! Lucky you!! If I use a HH at night I have to stuff it with a Premium prefold folded in 4ths and 2 JB's. The regulars might be just fine for you (uh, I mean Chloe
).

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
SOunds like you can go with the regulars. You could always get a few premiums along with them to try out, and use them when you need more absorbancy, like nighttime or long outings. Most places will let you mix and match.

·
Registered
293 Posts
regulars would do you fine. they still fit my now 27 pound ds so i wouldn't worry about outgrowing them. they'll be trimmer for now too. now that ds is a little bigger, the premiums aren't bulky at all.

just wanted to throw out the option of indian prefolds as well. i haven't tried them yet but i've heard that they are a bit shorter and narrower so they have a trimmer fit but with more absorbancy and they are 4x8x4. ds is a light wetter as well but every once and a while he will flood something so we were thinking about trying these out.

you will probably go through more diapers with the CPF (we also use some FB here). with FB we usually change every 3 hours but i like to go ever 2 with a CPF (just because I usually don't line them with anything so he feels wet more). JB are very absorbant and i personally think they hold about the same or more than a regular CPF. CPF are slightly bulkier than a FB with a JB but i think only slightly more so (depending on your babies build). with a CPF and cover, I can get the diaper very trim through the crotch whereas with a FB the crotch sort of hangs a little (the fabric isn't up next to his skin).

microfleece would be the best liner. you can just get some from the fabric store and cut it out to the shape that you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.