Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this is ok to post here but i was reading a different post and saw something that i think i could do if i knew i was doing it right. This does have to do with saving money and cooking. With the dehidrator and drying veggies for soups. (i'm thinking of camping stuff) How would you do it. Fresh viggies cut up and just put in the dehidrator. Do you have to do anything special to them so the don't get soft or brown. And then when you use them do you just put them in boiling water. Kinda like raman noddles with the veggies in them (i love those things but i know they are bad for you)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep, just prepare the veggie as you would for fresh use (ie, cut the ends off & peel the carrot), then slice it up & put it on the trays. Those with a lot of water, like celery, will shrink A LOT so cut them bigger. I don't do tomatoes anymore as those just tend to stick to the dehydrator and make a mess. They won't reconstitute though, if that's what you're thinking, but they will add their flavor to the soup or sauce.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts