Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that the steroid creme would help in the process of mitosis? Has anyone tried? Do you think this would quicken the results of restoration?

I know it is meant to make the skin more elastic. but would it help or hinder the process of restoration?

anyone know? anyone have theories?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshua
Do you think that the steroid creme would help in the process of mitosis? Has anyone tried? Do you think this would quicken the results of restoration?

I know it is meant to make the skin more elastic. but would it help or hinder the process of restoration?

anyone know? anyone have theories?
An over-the-counter steriod cream may help, yes. I would advise against using a steroid application that was medically prescribed for a different purpose (if that is what is in your mind). Steroids need to be treated with respect! They can be effective in increasing the elasticity of a tight foreskin, so logic would suggest it's use when restoring, but I have not heard of anyone doing this and I hasten to add that I'm no expert!

Christopher

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah. if it makes it more elastic it makes me wonder if it would help in the process......

Or hinder it. Don't know. Just contemplating it at the moment.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshua
yeah. if it makes it more elastic it makes me wonder if it would help in the process......

Or hinder it. Don't know. Just contemplating it at the moment.
Use an over-the-counter steroid cream and it will either work or do nothing.

It can't do any harm...

Christopher

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I could see the thought that it may hinder in restoration... like maybe if it is more elastic because of the cream, then less new skin will be formed.

I think it would not make a difference either way... and I am scared of long term hydrocortizone.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Yoshua--

I remember reading a while back about some articles regarding this on the message boards at the foreskin restoration chat pages. That would probably be a question better posed there anyhow...but I do remember there being positive things stated about a certain cream that had been shown clinically to aid tissue expansion.

Some people have also thought the same thing for heat as well

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Quote:
.but I do remember there being positive things stated about a certain cream that had been shown clinically to aid tissue expansion.
I'd love to know the name of this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.