Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
there is occupation in lebanon and palestine and they are the resistance to that occupation. it is sensetive cause of the wonderful propaganda which shows them as terrorists. but they are not, they are trying to free their land from israeli occupation. i am glad i am first to post this now i can lead this thread..
come on anti-terrorists hit me!!!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
They are another bunch of moron's trying to kill innocent people. The whole world's being led by morons - US, Iraq, Darfur, Israel, & Hezwhatthehellever. Anyone who tries to make them out to be anything worse or anything better, IMO is biased and false.
You don't fight for peace, atleast not with bombs and guns or what the hell ever. IMO, it all boils down to who wants to be the dominate one. They each seek to oppress the other instead of trying to find peace.

My heart and love and well wishes to go out to all families caught up in this tragedy that more then likely, they had absolutely nothing to do with.

ETA: To answer the question:

It is a sensitive subject because a lot of people are divided. There is TRUTH on BOTH sides, and PROPAGANDA on BOTH sides. It is sensitive because INNOCENT PEOPLE are dying due to faulty leadership, bloodthirsty asses, and well - war. All the TRUTH in the WORLD means nothing to a mother mourning the death of her child.

·
Registered
800 Posts
darsmama you are so right. when i say hizbullah is a resistance it is their definition you can't deny it. they are there because occupation is there, it is like that in every nation that is occupying other nation. however i didnt say i am with war and resistance. i am not. i do hate all killing and suffering. and i also dont think that is the only solution to get peace.
however me and you are not living everyday under the occupation. we are able to live free in our land and our houses. some poeple can;t. we can't sit and judge them while sipping our coffee and chatting on mothering.
to make some points even clearer. you as an american can go everywhere without a visa. i as lebanese can't. everytime i wish to go somewhere i have to stand long long cue to get a visa after a month or maybe even not get it. so see there is descrimination is in the world. fortunatly enough we are not in direct contact with the facts. but they are there. and they are bitter enough for poeple living under them to get angry and able to fight...

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Yes, Ek - I very much realize that I am priveledged and can sit behind the safety of a monitor, sip coffee, and watch the world kill itself.
I guess.
I will not come out and say that Hez/hiz is NOT a terrorist organization because the truth is they ARE terrorizing people. RIGHT, WRONG, Indifferent. They may be the 'underdog', but their results are very much the same; they are murdering innocent people.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
oh & wanted to add that I understood what you were saying, it is just that terrorizing innocent ppl goes beyond my scope of understanding or empathy. I feel the same way towards the US / Iraq.
I would write more but holding squirmy baby

·
Registered
800 Posts
then you will also admit that most of the governments worldwide are terrorist organizations...??? US, britain, israel....and many many others. is that what you mean?

·
Registered
800 Posts
darsmama we are cross posting...
but i wanted to say if you are saying hizbullah is as terrorist as US or whatever, it would be unfair. since US or isreal is a powerful country occupying other countries, while hizbullah (or lebanon) are small, being occupied and are fighting for their land.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I don't think its unfair in the least.
I am not arguing over if they are in the right or wrong as far as what their GOAL is. I won't touch that one with a 20 foot pole. I will say with the utmost certainty though that the means they are taking for their goal is WRONG because it's killing and terrorizing people.
Why do people think of peaceful means as the last or never tried option, y'know?
Forgive me Ek, I am trying to be kind when I say this but, I think that if you have already chosen a side then you are being biased, and perhaps Hez because they are the underdog and cannot afford the $$$ dollar bombs. That may sound harsh, but what I mean is All of our goal should be peace. We shouldn't be rooting for EITHER side, because active spokespeople on BOTH sides are intent on KILLING the other side. And that's where the people who are just trying to live are. They are innocent, they had nothing to do with what their leaders decided, but they are being murdered or forced out of their homes for some ideology that may not even pertain to them.
On the US media, we always see the most patriotic of people standing up, Dick Cheney even said people who want the war to end are aiding and abetting the enemy.
That dosen't change my view point that the war is wrong and needs to end. I would hope that even someone such as yourself, who may or may not have it touch home on a personal level, would see that thier is injustice and murder on both sides.
Two wrongs don't make a right, y'know?

In peace,
Katie

·
Registered
800 Posts
it does touches me personally since i am lebanese and my family is trapped there without food, fuel and medicine...
however i dont support this war too. but talking about poeple in all this. lebanese are returning to their homes now and they all praise hasan nasrallah. they are ready to die for him. of course many poeple dont but the majority does. i am not with what he is doing but please tell me why would israel simply not end the occupation? why it would not release the lebanese and plestinians prisoners most of whom are women and children?
it is there occupying, torturing....it is sad. and we do feel helpless. but lebanese only hope to free their poeple and their land is hizbullah, no matter how sad it sounds.

·
Registered
800 Posts
many poeple dont believe that fighting for the right to live free and their land is terrorism. they want to get back home. they want to hold their families who had been suffereing in israeli prisons for YEARS.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Ek, I am so very sad to hear about your family. My heart goes out to you truly...

People with power seldom want to be equal, but to dominate.
If Hez is successful, at what price will your family, your son, someday have to pay, what price will BelovedBird's family have to pay?
Do you believe that this will be the end and this violent opposition will bring peace? Everything will be ok, forever?
I do NOT by any means mean that in a rude way Ek, please don't think that. I am just curious because of how I think..
I know being an American, I look at all those poor Iraqi's and think Yep, they are going to hate us worse than anything now. That kid who lost his sister in some gunfire between Americans and Iraqi's, he's going to blame us, and hate us, and someday want to have revenge. Or maybe he'll raise his kids with such hate for us it will be at that time..Who knows?....Our next war with them will be more deadly, because they have HATE for us. HATE is more powerful than love in this world, it would seem.
This world is such a sad, sad, place and I wish we could just press "PAUSE" and fix what was wrong.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
People differ on who/what Hezbollah is and what they do. Here is some info.
Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in550000.shtml
Interesting Quote:
"Hezbollah may be the 'A-Team of Terrorists' and maybe al-Qaeda is actually the 'B' team. And they're on the list and their time will come," says Armitage. "There is no question about it - it's all in good time. And we're going to go after these problems just like a high school wrestler goes after a match. We're going to take them down one at a time."

If you go to CNN, BBC, NPR, Foxnews, MSNBC, and type in Hezbollah, you will find plenty of information. Or type in Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Hezbollah is not a new organization and the conflict/mess is not anything new.

BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1908671.stm

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpea333
if they're terrorist why in the world would 10,000 people be marching in dearborn michigan a couple days or weeks ago praising hizbollah??
Sweetpea,
If I knew that I would understand a lot more of the world.
The only thing I can think to compare that statement to is that, there are probably 40,000 skinhead/KKK/Whitesupremisists that march every year claiming "***********" in various cities.

I don't understand them either, but I do think their message is wrong.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpea333
if they're terrorist why in the world would 10,000 people be marching in dearborn michigan a couple days or weeks ago praising hizbollah??

1. They are a terrorist organization.
2. People support terrorists. In America and abroad.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekatherina
many poeple dont believe that fighting for the right to live free and their land is terrorism. they want to get back home. they want to hold their families who had been suffereing in israeli prisons for YEARS.
I empathise with that. I truly do. I can understand having the mind set of Whatever means neccesary to get reunited with family. As I've stated before I am such a believer in peace however and the value of human life, that I wouldn't kill 300 innocent people to save my children. I couldn't do it.
I understand not everyone has that same mindset.
I don't really feel comfortable discussing this with you anymore, because you are personally effected and as we've already said, I'm effected by sadness by seeing what's going on, but not personally. IE: My family isn't a part of the mess.
I'll respond to what you write, but the last thing I want is for you to think I am attacking you or putting you on the defense.

With love and hope for your family,
Katie

·
Registered
800 Posts
Quote:
HATE is more powerful than love in this world, it would seem.
that is so truely said...

darsmama, that was what i was always saying, does it worth it? if a mother whose son is now is israeli prison gets her other son killed in the attempt to free the first one....where is the logic behind it? 1000 lebanese are killed now for others to be freed from prisons?
but hizbullah's kidnapping of two soldiers is not news to the world. it did it before. and israel would simply exchange them for 1000s of prisoners. think of it! so now hizbullah tried to do the same. except that israel had other goals in mind it seems. but at the end now they are back to negotiations and exchange. now this is out of any logic i guess.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.