Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been many, many posts on this subject but I still have one more. For those of you who have used the fish pool or the Sevylor was it deep enough. The measurement given is 22" deep which doesn't seem like much. Also is there much difference between these pools besides price? I haven't been able to find anywhere that ships to Canada so I'll have to make a trip across the border.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
most of my clients use the 22" and it is deep enough. in fact, it completely covers the belly, but not the breasts - which is nice compared to the rentals because you can nurse in it easily after the birth without sitting on your knees.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm 5'9" and was afraid the fishy pools wouldn't be deep enough for me, so I used an aquadoula (24" deep) and it was very deep. It might even have been a little too deep. One perk to the fishy pools is the comfy sides to lean on. I didn't have that. I was laboring on hands and knees. When I got in to the aquadoula the first thing I wanted to do was put my upper arms and face on the side of the pool, but the sides were uncomfortably high and narrow I couldn't do it. So I ended up birthing dd on hands and knees with my head held higher than I wanted so it could be out of the water. I'll be using this pool for my next birth. This fishy pool looks to be the perfect depth and size. And you really can't beat the price; it's only $19.95!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliesara63
I know there have been many, many posts on this subject but I still have one more. For those of you who have used the fish pool or the Sevylor was it deep enough. The measurement given is 22" deep which doesn't seem like much. Also is there much difference between these pools besides price? I haven't been able to find anywhere that ships to Canada so I'll have to make a trip across the border.
Not sure if you mean the fishy pools aren't shipped to Canada but they sell them at Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Another question - any larger mamas use the fishie pool? I was thinking the Sevyler pool looked a little sturdier to hold the extra weight if I wanted to lean on it? I would be happy to save the $30 if the fishie pool would work, though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
forgot to mention about leaning against the sides. My DH & I were both leaning against the side right next to each other (well, with me almost on top of him) with a combined wieght of about 350 lbs. Wasn't even an issue. Pool held up great.

Czen

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I couldn't find a pool like this on the Canadian Tire website but I'll stop in the store and see if they can order one. That would be so great since its right down the street. Since the time I originally posted I've heard back from quality inflatables and the shipping was about $16 which isn't really that bad from the US. We'll definitely be getting the fish pool though. Now I just need to get pregnant. I'm just a little bit excited about having a homebirth. Thanks for all of your input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts