Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an ultrasound at 8w4d and it looks like the little bean is on the lower half of my uterus, almost resting on the bottom. I was comparing it to the u/s photo of my first pregnancy also taken at about 8 weeks. In that photo, my dd was in the top half. Does positioning this early have anything to do with the location of the placenta? I had a very healthy pregnancy with my first and am now wondering if my placenta is growing too low this time around. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all, but I'm still curious.<br><br>
Any knowledge to share?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah well, it was worth a shot.<br><br>
I did realize that the one I had with my dd was a trans vaginal U/S and this one was on my tummy. I think it looks different in the pict. b/c my position was different.<br><br>
Probably not a biggie...

·
Registered
453 Posts
No clue. What I am wondering is how in the heck you were able to figure out what your uterus was by looking at the ultrasound pictures. All I could make out on mine was a baby, and amniotic sack, and a VERY FULL BLADDER! Anyway, I've heard that a low placenta often "migrate" up as pregnancy progresses, so IF it is a problem now, it may not be later. Did your midwife say anything about it?<br>
--K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts