Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used lot off of Craigslist and got TONS of prefolds...from small sizes up to big ones. I don't know what brand they are or anything, but they seem thick and of decent quality. I am wondering if there is a huge difference in the different brands/kinds of prefolds? I'd rather not buy anymore if these will work, but also don't want to end up with blowouts or something because I have cheap ones.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The problem you may have is not blowouts but how much pee they will hold. If they are thin you will just have to change more often.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Test them out-- pour a bunch of water on them, and see how much they'll hold.

If they're only holding 6 or 7 oz, they're going to need to be changed often. 12 or 15 oz is better. My good fitteds with extra inserts hold 20 oz, which is fantastic.

If they're not holding too much, you can just use two at a time, if you're in a situation where you can't change often. No worries.

·
Registered
250 Posts
All prefolds are not equal, but I wouldn't worry about it unless you are going to buy new ones (then I would buy from green mountain diapers). In my experience you get blowouts anyway
it's just the way it goes. I think it's more about the fold (like we found the "jellyroll" fold to work with prefolds) and your state of mind when your actually doing the folding...and how much the baby is rolling around, grabbing his toes, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.