Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to have another baby. but i am nursing D right now and i want to nurse him till at least 18mths. in the beginning i had a huge oversupply. i had to block feed to reduce it. i now lost a lot of my supply in my right boob. which has made it ridiculously smaller than the other one.<br><br>
ideally, i want both my boobs the same size! LOL shocking, i know. so here's what i want to happen. i want to stop nursing D while i am prego. if i stop nursing him at 18mths, and give myself a few months of not nursing, will that give my body time enough to get that big influx of milk when the baby comes? cuz i imagine if i keep nursing him the whole way thru, it would be like my milk never has to "come in".<br><br>
would a couple months be enough time in between nurslings?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
From women I've known, even if you stop nursing between babies, the second one doesn't have the huge engorgement that you do for your first.<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have nursed through two pregnancies and the milk most definately comes in after new baby is born. The nice thing is that you don't have to deal with painful engorgement, because the toddler can nurse so much more effectively after the baby is done with each side. Your body will make enough milk for both, so you don't have to worry that the toddler is taking milk away from the newborn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts