Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first root canal last Wednesday to treat nerve pain from a long-time cracked tooth. No infection or abcess, just recently increased sensitivity to chewing, hot and cold. It took over 2 hours and I had to be frozen twice because it wore off mid way through (Yowch!!). So it's Saturday morning now and that side of my face is still very achey and sore. Is that normal? It's not excruciating pain, feels similar to the type of dull pain like when an ear infection is starting, but it's in my face/jaw... When can I expect that to be gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case anyone else is wondering, as the day progressed today I started feeling much better, and by evening I'm almost entirely back to normal. I even chewed on that side of my mouth without even thinking about it and what a relief to have NO pain from chewing after around 15 years of favouring that side of my mouth because of the cracked tooth! :D So... about 3 full days to recover, then I go back to the dentist the end of February to get a crown fit on the tooth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts