Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently bought a 1998 Mercury Tracer wagon and I was wondering if there is any way of knowing if the safety equipment (airbags, seatbelts, the built in child safety seat) are still functional. The car has never been in an accident and there are no problems readily visible. The seatbelts work fine as far as we can tell. We did not try out the child safety seat; our 12 month old son rides rearfacing in an Evenflo Triumph 65 as he did in the vehicle prior to this. Is it safe to assume that if no problem is discernible no problem exists? How can we know?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maedze, thanks for your detailed and thorough reply, it clarifies things for me. I so much want to keep us all safe on the highway as much as possible but there's a lot I don't know. Our son will be rearfacing to the limits of his seat. It's news to me about needing head restraint support in the back seat. I'll remind our mechanic to check the airbage, he'll be doing a little work on the car this week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.