Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to make some wipes and then later I'm going to makes some diapers, but....I don't have a serger- all the wipes I've ever gotten are just sewn with a serger around the edge- how I can do this so they don't fray without one...same with diapers! TIA!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I made a lot of wipes just using a zig-zag stitch as an overcast to hold two layers together, and they haven't held up great (some of them have frayed a bit), but they've been basically fine. I think if I used more stitches per inch, they would have held up better.<br><br>
I also made a lot of diapers by turning and topstitching, which worked just fine for me...it's just more time consuming than serging. The HoneyBoy home pattern is designed for turning and topstitching, if you're looking for a pattern.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I second the Honey boy pattern. That is what I used and I turned and topstitched mine and they have turned out great. I made fitteds instead of AIOs.<br><br>
Also, I suppose that you could also turn and topstitch your wipes, but it may be more work than you want.<br><br>
I just bought a bunch of cheap baby washcloths at Old Navy. They work great for us!<br><br>
HTH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts