Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to topstitich everywhere when I sew flannel fitted? I straight stitch all layers together and turned. I think topstitching all around will prevent the flannel from unravelling because I did not overlock the raw edges before I turn. However, if I don't topstitch all the places, will those area revel gradually wash after wash and eventually become cotton rocks in the middle?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I don't usually topstitch, and nothing bad has happened yet... I hope it's fine...

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have always topstitched my flannel fitteds, but I don't topstitch around where there is elastic. I start and stop there. I don't finish the raw edges always when I have an inner soaker, though, and I haven't had any problems. I'm not sure if they will eventually unravel.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
i never did, and didn't have a problem. I gave up on t&t though, even without a serger, and just faux serge now. Works much better and is much quicker!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.