Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time the kids were at the peds office,a while back,I signed the vax refusal form paper. I don't remember exact wording,although it didn't seem as extreme as some I have read about,I would still like something that isn't negatively worded.<br>
Now,I have since seen the alternate forms,with better wording,so should I request they switch it,or just keep the one they have on record? I will be enrolling ds in pk for next fall soon,are they also going to request a vax refusal paper (and can I use my own?),or just a legal exemption?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Where are you located? It is different in different locations.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I know there has been several threads recently about FL laws regarding vaccines. Search the recent archives and check those out. I think you have to go to the Health Dept and sign a specific form. This might be the one you have already signed.<br><br>
I am in NC and all we have to do is write an exemption and provide it to the school. It is different in most states...so just check out what is best for FL. My thinking is while the wording may bother me...I have to claim religious exemption because it is my only option...the thought of my ds getting vaccines bothers me more so I will sign whatever wording necessary to avoid him having to get vaxed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts