Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we will be at a resort from Fri night til Mon. afternoon. I have a large Happy Tushies wet bag/pail liner -- the one with the door knob handle so that should hold enough diapers for those 3 days.

What can I do to keep it from being too overwhelmingly stinky? The inside is PUL so I cant really put EO or TTO unless I put it strait on the dipes. Is that ok to do? I havent ever dont that before so I am not sure.

Second what about the poopy diapers? Maxi's poop is usually solid enought to just roll into the toilet with not much on the diaper bu occasionally its more paste like. What do I do in this case? Do I need some sort of wet pail til we leave? I normally just get as much off as I can and put the diaper strait in the rinse cycle in the washer.

Any other advice? This is our first time CDing on vacay without a washer -- normally we have access to a washer and dryer so its no problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
If you're going to be at a resort, you can just rinse off any extra poop in the tub or sink - then rinse / clean the tub or sink before you use it again.

·
Registered
477 Posts
In the past I have used a trash bag instead of a wet bag because my wet bag always seems to leak when it is left sitting for awhile full of wet stuff.
I dont know what brand it is but it is more of a nylon material than pul.

If you are super concerned about it being stinky you could rinse out all of the pee dipes as you go. I think that would significantly cut down on the smell. Also, dunking the poop dipes works better than I thought it would. I have a sprayer at home and was very nervous to go on vacation with out it and was surprised by how well dunking and flushing works. I would not worry about a wet pail. That seems like way too much trouble.

Good luck. I think you will be surprised at how easy it is to cd away from home.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the Happy Tushies bag doesnt leak or wick -- its the two layer one with the thick layer of PUL inside and seperate (not attached) layer of terry on the outside. So that isnt the problem -- I was thinking more of the smell when unzipping it to put a diaper in.

Is it ok to put TTO directly onto hemp and cotton?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'd try rinsing the dipes as you put them in (or as soon as possible). Wring them out gently so that you don't have to worry about them sitting too long in the wet. You could spray or sprinkle some TTO on a cloth wipe, and place it in the bag.

Have fun at the resort!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holli
For the stink factor, just drop some essential oil on a cloth wipe and keep it in the bag! I bet that would work just fine!

Holli
That is a great idea!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellyfishy
I'd try rinsing the dipes as you put them in (or as soon as possible). Wring them out gently so that you don't have to worry about them sitting too long in the wet. You could spray or sprinkle some TTO on a cloth wipe, and place it in the bag.

Have fun at the resort!
Thanks M -- I was going to wish you a happy 4th but forgot you are from Cananada!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.