Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so my # (37) is finally up at elbee. yay. or so i thought

i've been on the waiting list for 6mos-but willing to wait to try a few out (originally ordered 4-but l says she only has enough colored wool for one in the sz i need-xl). my order is now for one.
get the invoice for it, and it's just under $40.

i thought these covers were $17 or so before the price increase?

-and anyone on the list would be given the old prices when their # came up?

i've asked twice why it's so much. no direct answer as of yet.
she has mentioned something about dying the wool being $10 extra-but wasn't the wool dyed before at $17 a cover?

i'm close to giving up on the elbee. omg. it's serious. lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought my stuff a long time ago, before her waiting list was so long, so my El Bee's are about 8 months old. The wool cover I bought was already dyed and it was $35 Canadian. Wow, $40 does seem like a lot, especially if there is no appliqué or anything fancy....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nope, I'm pretty sure her cover prices didn't go up, only the diapers. It was 25 for a single layer and 30 for a double and now she is doing a 3 layer for 25 in natural or 35 for the 3 layer in colored.

Wool jersey is hard to obtain and is super super difficult from a felting consistency standpoint so she had to change the design a bit. I'm pretty sure all she has is the natural color, so if you want a color you have to have her dye it (which does take time and money).

Also are you cdn? If not, you will be spending $40 cdn which is $29 usd. Still pricey but still under the fuz easy price???

She is on vacation but supposed to be sewing up our orders right now. She said mine would ship early this week but I'll be surprised if it does. I sure hope so though! I'm #38 BTW and I just saw someone post last week that their order #24 just arrived to them.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Actually, her prices did change in July.

Quote:
I'm also posting a new photo of the newest
cover incarnation. It's a hand dyed wooly bully out of the new wool
with a satin stitch binding. This is going to be the standard look
(colour variable and optional of course)with this new wool.
I will continue to offer covers out of the original wool jersey when
I have it in stock.

Prices will be as follows for the covers (will be updated on the site
soon):
old wool daytime (1 layer) $25 cdn
old wool nighttime (2 layer)$35 cdn

new wool undyed:$30 cdn
new wool handdyed: $40 cdn

I know she was running out of the old wool jersey and switched to a new one. And yeah, it's getting a bit pricey. Especially considering the one cover I have (old wool style) just ran dark green all over one of my Righteous Baby shells when I left them to sit in the sink.
: You might be better off with undyed!!!! That thing, I have just discovered, is pouring off dye, even though I bought it used and have machine washed it several times!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
oh ok - but they didn't go up as much as the fitted diapers. Anyways, I think the OP probably got charged for dyeing would be my guess.

Anyways, the old wool was pre-dyed. Any pre-dyed wool has the possibility that it will bleed. When dyeing with procion dyes you shouldn't have the same problem which is what she's now using.

I have a cover made by another momma who used pre dyed wool (heck I use pre dyed wool when I make my own covers) and it does bleed but always washes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.