Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here,

Just curious if stress can delay Ovulation... dh and I are TTC #2. I have been having regular cycles for 17 months---ovulating etc. I usually know when I am getting ready to ovulate because of increased sex drive, EWCM and then twinges of pain in my ovaries. The last two cycles I temped and knew whenI ovulated. Seems like I O pretty early, around cd11-12. Today is cd 12 and no real clear signs of O. Not alot of EWCM, no increased sex drive. I cant' go by my temps because they are wacky because of going out of town for 5 days, not enough sleep, sleeping in different beds, waking up with my co-sleeping baby and a broken thermometer!!

also have some stress on top of the stress of TTC. Jsut curious if ovulation can be affected by stress.

thanks!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yes! Big Time!

Stress, travel, illness, disturbed sleep can all delay Oing. From my reading for most women the Luteal phase (post-O) is consistent. The pre-O accounts for most of the variation in cycles.

Lucky me my lp varies (as far as I can tell)
:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.