Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for moms who have had a c/s and are now pregnant with their next child: do the typical early pregnancy cramps (ligaments stretching etc.) hurt worse with a pregnancy after a c/s than they did before you'd had a c/s? Does that make sense? I just remember having a lot of ligament stretching discomfort early in my first pregnancy and I'm wondering what to expect when I get pregnant for the second time. Does the stretching hurt any worse because of the c/s scar? Anything else different after a c/s? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
nak

i have had 3 c-births

i had heaps of early lig etc pain with my first preg, it was m y first sign of being preg

the stretching of scar tissue etc with subsequent pregs after c was less than that but i did move carefully throughout

i think it was worse with first bc after that (a big baby!) my belly was well stretched!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
For me this is my second baby after a cesaran birth and I have had ten times the worst round ligament pain then I even ever rememeber with ds. Is it connected
??? Don't know.....much more painful or more senstive I guess you could say the whole way around this time. It really makes me crazy when ,my undies roll down and lay on the old scar on my tummy....

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have had 2 cs and yes it hurts more each time for me. I have also 2 other friends who felt the same after their first cs. I guess it is individual but I definately feel the difference. It's not too bad though so don't worry if you feel a little more discomfort.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
So far it isn't hurting any, but it did with the 2 pregnancies I miscarried. I'm sure once I get past the point I got to before, it will start hurting again from the adhesions tearing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies ladies! I'm really hoping that I can somehow get pregnant this cycle and I've been having some mild cramping for over a week now. I've been having some wishful thinking that it could possibly be pregnancy related!
: We'll see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.