Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that I'm posting this in the correct forum. Many apologies if I'm not.<br><br>
I have a friend, Mel, back home (central IL) whose friend has a 2 year old son who has been diagnosed w/ a brain tumor and he has been given 6 months to live. Mel sent me an email this week asking if I had any suggestions about what she could do for her friend. She's already had her sunday school class raise $300 for the family and realizes that money isn't everything. I suggested alot of different things from just being there for her friend to cooking dinner for the family a few times a week to maybe fundraising to send them on a mini family vacation together. On <a href="http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=camdenmarshky" target="_blank">Camden's website</a> his mother says that she just wants to pack as many memories into his remaining time as possible.<br><br>
For anyone who has been in a similar situation or knows someone who is, what are your suggestions? I think Mel's heart is really in the right place, she's just lost as to what to do to show her love and support. Any advice you send will be appreciated. Thanks so much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts