Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that finds myself crying when a mom is in transition? I am not talking breakdown crying, but misty eyed. I just have so much empathy and know how close they are to meeting their baby, it gets me every time. I still manage to stay focused and support the mom, so it is not an issue really. Just wondering if I am the only one.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by txgal View Post
Am I the only one that finds myself crying when a mom is in transition? I am not talking breakdown crying, but misty eyed. I just have so much empathy and know how close they are to meeting their baby, it gets me every time. I still manage to stay focused and support the mom, so it is not an issue really. Just wondering if I am the only one.
I've not been a professional doula, but I have been a support person at a few. I must say that I do get misty eyed, but it's more because I know how bad the pain is than anything.
I always cry when the baby is born though.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it's like the feelings I had during my own birth at that time all come up to the surface. I remember how overwhelming it was, but I also remember how amazing I felt just a bit later when I had done it and was holding my baby. I always wish I could explain to them what is coming next, how awesome it really is, but there just is no way to describe it and so I cry.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I never cry at a birth - over 50 of them and no tears. BUT, this Sunday morning I assisted a VBAC and the mother was crying and saying how proud she was. Her mother came in the room then and started crying and telling her daughter how proud she was of her. All those tears of joy almost got me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
On Friday, I found myself crying during transition. Aside from the obvious reasons for this, the couple had a song playing that makes me cry half the time anyway. They didn't even notice, and about twelve minutes later, they were crying with their new baby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.