Mothering Forum banner

question for "gay guys only" read post first TY

3K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  MommyHawk 
#1 ·
first off thanks for your time i have been thinking about posting this for a few months but cant take it no more i want to know so i have quick question's.
were you allowed to play with "girlie" toys and/or allowed to wear pink clothing?
feel free to make comments
thanks for your help
:

the reason I ask I am a straight mom with 2 children boy 2 and girl 6. i get all the time that I am turning my son gay. i dont feel i am but it makes me wonder. he is allowed to wear pink/girilie clothing (socks, slippers, pj's) around the house, pink dress shirts he wears going out (he loves dress shirts). he watches dora the explorer, plays with dolls and babies, has a kitchen, dress up (there is girlie outfits) and plays with the same toys as his older sister. with all this said my son is a car, truck or anything with wheeles lovin boy, he has lots of non girlie toys.

i dont say that is girl stuff except dresses, panites, girl hair stuff, dress shoes and clothing for going out, ect...

See less See more
Discussion starter · #16 ·
this thread was put with a poll in queer parenting because i wanted to know if it is true but it got moved and the poll is missing. i dont give a thought to if i can turn a child gay, that is not my goal.
for girls and boys i believe ....

dolls and babys are children they will have children and babies when they grow up and be arould them so they need to know how to care for them.

pretend cooking and real cooking they must learn to care for themselves and family

cleaning, laundry and chores they must learn to pull their own weight

repairing, taking apart and building are life skills

and for the record i have heard that is boy toys, that is for boys, girls dont do/say that kind of thing that is boys only.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
I agree with all this (although cleaning, laundry and chores are also life skills, but I know what you mean).
you will be surprized how many people think that is womans work and raise their sons to be picked up after and never taught to do thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.