Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious here. I had a low supply with DS and have a full supply (I think) now. DS nursed for 26 months however.<br><br><b>So my question is: How many months did you nurse, in total, before the child you had a full supply with was born?</b><br><br>
Does that make sense? I've heard of L/S moms who finally had enough for their 2nd, 3rd or 4th child. I wonder if the amount of time spent nursing prior has a significance.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
From what I have read, breast stimulation never hurts, especially if you can manage it through a subsequent pregnancy when tissue growth is likely.<br><br>
I supplemented from 6w-11.5mo almost exclusively at the breast with my daughter. She still nurses a few times a day at 2.5y and I am halfway through my second pregnancy. Obvuiously other factors could cause them, but over the last two weeks, I have seen an eruption of new stretch marks on my breasts, which I am hopeful means more tissue and a larger supply with this kiddo.<br><br>
I anticipate nursing my first for 32-33mo total, then taking a break for 2-3 months before the second is born.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts