Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mamas!<br>
I may need to be in France this summer for six weeks for work. (We would be in Paris). Would I be able to find a daycare that would take my son for just the six weeks? He will be almost 2.5 years at that point. In addition, any tips for relocating with a little one? Things to do in Paris with a child? Good books to read to him beforehand? (Good books for me to read about traveling/living in Paris with a child)?<br>
Thanks all!<br>
Michele

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
You won't be able to put him in any of the City of Paris daycares - you would need a phone or electric bill to prove your address - and anyway they wouldn't have space. But there are some good international Montessori daycares - like the one at the American Church (The Bilingual Montessori of Paris). Here's a list. I would call (or find the website) and find out if they'll take your ds for 6 weeks. Of course, these are all private with tuition.<br><br>
Le Trempoline<br>
31 rue Claude Bernard - 75005 PARIS, 01 43 36 98 18<br><br>
KIDS MONTESSORI<br>
28 rue du fer à moulin- 75005 PARIS, 01 43 37 93 31<br><br>
The Bilingual Montessori School of Paris<br>
65 Quai d'Orsay 75007 PARIS, 01 45 55 13 27<br><br>
Bilingual Montessori School<br>
23 avenue Georges V 75008 PARIS, 01 47 20 28 10<br><br>
Les oursons<br>
28 rue Vignon - 75009 PARIS, 01 49 24 05 69<br><br>
LA MAISON DU PETIT ENFANT<br>
41 et 43 rue de Lancry 75010 PARIS, 01 42 39 40 40 et 01 42 39 50 40<br><br>
LE PETIT D'HOMME<br>
6/8 rue des bluets 75011 PARIS, 01 45 55 40 19<br><br>
Horizon Montessori<br>
8 rue Pierre Gourdault - 75013 PARIS, 01 53 82 01 02<br><br>
Jardin d'enfants Zihrone Yaakov<br>
6 bis rue Michel Ange - 75016 PARIS, 01 45 20 00 18<br><br>
Jardin d'enfants Montessori d'Auteuil<br>
53 rue Erlanger - 75016 PARI, 01 45 55 13 27<br><br>
Plaisir d'enfance<br>
15 allée des Eiders - 75019 PARIS, 01 40 35 01 53<br><br><br>
There are a million things to do with kids in Paris. Just buy a good guide book like Lonely Planet, and you'll find plenty to do. Also buy the Officiel du Spectacle once you're there - a little blue magazine. There's a section in the back with anything and everything to do with kids (puppet shows, parks, zoos, etc. etc. etc.)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yep, ParisMama (hi there, how're ya doing?) is right about daycare... it is <i>really</i> hard to find daycare in Paris...<br><br>
One good place to contact (if you speak French) is the "Maison de l'enfance" (among other things, they manage/centralise requests for daycare providers outside of the centers) of the arrondissement where you'll be living... If you like, feel free to send me a PM and I'll contact them for you to see if they have any ideas.<br><br>
As for things to do, this site gives a pretty complete run-down on stuff: <a href="http://www.cityjunior.com/" target="_blank">cityjunior.com</a>.<br><br>
Feel free to PM me if you just want to chat about Paris etc.<br><br>
Cheers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI Mamas! Thanks so much for the info. I don't speak french (only Spanish and English), so I would love to see what you could find out. My son (adopted) has a birth brother living in the city and we can't wait to see him!<br>
hugs,<br>
Michele

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi, MamaMichele,<br>
I'd love to call the Maison de l'enfance for you but I need to know where in Paris you'll be living since there is one per arrondissement and only cover information for their specific arrondissements...<br>
If you have an address already (or when you get one), feel free to send me a PM so I can call the right office.<br>
Good luck,<br>
Ione

1 - 5 of 5 Posts