Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple years now I have been trying to figure out what is going on w/my now 4 1/2 year old ds. He has a speech delay, but I am starting to think there may be an attention issue as well. He has been evaluated by the school dept. (nightmare!) and now receives speech therapy (from a private speech therapist). I have read that speech delays can manifest themselves through inattention & hyperactivity & I know that ADD should not be diagnosed until the child is older, bc many of the behaviors can be typical preschooler behaviors. But, he is not a typical child...

So, I am wondering if some of you mamas w/children who have ADD/ADHD could tell me what your child's behavior was like as a preschooler? How was their speech? Social skills? When did you first know something was of concern? How did you help them at this age? And anything else you can think of would be a huge help.

I am so worried for my little guy. He has made great progress in many areas and has many strengths. I just want to do all I can to help him.

Thanks in advance. I will really appreciate hearing your experiences.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing, huh?
I could have sworn I've read some posts re: ADD on this forum. Maybe the Special Needs forum is more appropriate? Perhaps a kind moderator could move this there?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.