Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently treating myself with GSE topically and taking GSE capsules and probiotic capsules for almost a week now. I am giving DD a dose of probiotic powder everyday. Can anyone tell me if these treatments will cause horrible smelling poo in my DD?
She hasn't seemed uncomfortable or gassy, but her poo smells sooooo bad. I'm a nurse and have always had a fairly strong stomach, but this stuff reeks!
It also seems more watery than usual, but since it's breastfed poo, sometimes it's hard to tell.
I don't think it's something I'm feeding her since she eats very little solid food, and I havn't introduced anything new.
I can't think of anything I'm doing different other than the supplements.
Any ideas?
thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I thought if it was just a bug, that she'd have other symptoms...maybe not. She's only been pooping once or twice a day which is pretty average for her.
I guess I'll find out when I stop taking the supplements...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
HI, Erikaa!!! I am in the exact same boat as you!! I've been treating my thrush w/ GSE and probiotics for a week, giving Lily them off and on. I'm not too consistent w/ her b/c she doesn't have any symptoms and I just forget to treat her. But yes, she gets runny, greenish, yucky poops too. I think it could've been part of a bug going around our fam, but none of us have had intestinal issues, all just congested and tired. I think it may have been something we're taking. She poops about every other day, sometimes once a day, and this morning it was a more regular poop. But then again, I've been almost off the probiotics for a couple days b/c I ran out. We'll see what happens when I start again tonight. We should keep each other posted!!

I'm glad you posted this b/c I was wondering too. I
MDC!!! Someone is always there!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback ladies! She's still stinky and we are still taking the supplements. I've been reading that you should continue to take them for another week after the symptoms have gone away, so I'll get back to you all when we stop!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts