Mothering Forum banner

Question for Moms of many...will "having another baby" ever grow old?

612 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rmzbm 
#1 ·
I've got DS2 (my baby #3) on my lap,..blissfully asleep. I'm just as in love with him as I am with DS1 and DD. They're all such angels and I feel sooo blessed to have been given the chance to be a parent to them and help each of these wonderful little people learn about life and grow.

It's true, they're each so special...does it ever get "old" or not as exciting?

With Baby #1 I was so new to motherhood, it was all a bit overwhelming, but so exciting and I loved it.
With Baby #2 I was feeling like, "sure, I know about this and that" - no problem, I can handle it and I loved it.
With Baby #3 I feel like, This is Super! I'm busy with caring for #1 and #2, but every spare second I have I'm just sOOOOO enjoying this baby!!! Is it possible that I've enjoying this one the most (but have the fewest minutes to actually spend thinking about it?) I just love it!

How can baby #3 be so special and so much fun! I'm enjoying him so much, while at the same time loving all the new things that #1 and #2 are learning how to do. It's just one big party.

My question is what is everyone else's experience....
Does it ever become not as exciting (because it seems to get even better)?

Each is so unique and special for their own reasons,.. I used to think, yes of course they're each special, but...I guess it's true,...each child is a gift to THE FAMILY and has so much to offer all it's members...

ACK,,, I'd love to have another blessing,...DH seems to be DONE!
: h,mmm is that a whole different thread...

See less See more
#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nmm2112

Each is so unique and special for their own reasons,.. I used to think, yes of course they're each special, but...I guess it's true,...each child is a gift to THE FAMILY and has so much to offer all it's members...

I'm about to have baby #2, and I could not be more excited. Like you said, I think it gets better with each one! I feel SO much more confident.....and crazily enough I know after the baby is born I'll be whining "I want another baby!!" ( mind you my first two are going to be LESS than a year apart!! HOW could she want another you ask???!?! ) Maybe it has more to do with me being somewhat addicted to being pregnant

My lament however, is that some members of my immediately family do not share the same sentiments, and they do not realize that each child is indeed a blessing and a gift. Everyone made a huge deal about my first, and with this second one it's like no one could care at all. Every piece of clothing with the exception of a pack of sleepers are hand-me-downs from the first baby, no baby shower, not even any cards coming in the mail to welcome the little guy. It's actually quite sickening...
But DH and I love our children and look forward to having many more
I know I'll never get tired of having more

#6 ·
Oh it is FOR SURE exciting every time, maybe MORE so!
I have 4 & I definatly believe each child has made me a better mother. I do want more. Alot more, but will likely only have 1 more as my insides are c-section mangled, but that's another thread...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.