Mothering Forum banner

If you had to use one cover from birth to potty training, which would you pick?

• Snaps

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Velcro

Votes: 20 41.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Actually it depends on what type of cover I would be using. I voted velcro because I was thinking of only PUL covers, I just think they get a better fit with velcro.

But since I use only wool it would have to be snaps or pull on soakers.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
since you said one cover, I voted snaps over velcro b/c it will last better in the wash. it is hard to get a good fit with pul snap covers.

BUT, if you want a one size cover, go with a cuddlewool
snaps and should fit a LONG time.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
true, i know loveybums makes velcro wool, and bumpy and nikky wool covers are velcro.

when julia was younger i really liked velcro to get a better fit, and could never get a good fit on my bummis snap cover. but side snap has always been a good fit for us, same with our front snap loveybums cover. My aplix stuff just doesn't hold up as well - of course, I mainly see that with my pocket dipes.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Snaps..............stay totally in place, in fuzzy stuff to clean out, doesn't get stuck to other stuff, but most of all....................no little cuts on babies belly. My little guys got tiny cuts when cover readjusted a lttle and rubbed against his skin. POOR BABY!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Snaps - harder for the littles to take off, less tangle in the wash, etc etc.

But my first and foremost vote would be for wool !!

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I like velcro. The reason is because I like a cover that adjusts to my baby's body, and the fact that I can close it wherever I want to allows that. I do have lots of snap covers, and they work well, but some are ok in the waist, but then too small for ds' huge chubby thighs, KWIM?

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
I like velcro - I can't get a good fit with snaps, I've got a weirdly proportioned kiddo I guess :LOL
This is what I mean. My ds has always been very special with the proportions, so snaps are usually ok in one place and not ok in another.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I'm not really a prefold user, but I am a cover user and I like velcro a little bit more because I can get a nice snug fit. It could be an issue around the time your baby becomes very proud that they can undo the velcro on their diapers. it seems like more wahm covers are available with snaps than velcro.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.