Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was it easier to nurse for the second child? The reason I ask is because I had a real hard time nursing my first son and went through three breast infections. I am hoping I won't have the infections this time.I finally quit having them and nursing got real easy after about four months. Where you able to just go right back to it or did it still take some time to adjust? Thanks

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I was able to go right back to it but my DS nurses differently than my DD. He had different patterns, was more gassy, etc. I had more milk this time than last time. It was easier for me because I knew what to expect, what a latch felt like.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
waaaaaaaaay easier the second time for me too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It was just as hard the 2nd time around, at least for me. The good thing was that I knew first hand that it was going to get easier and that it was worth it. I had the exact same problems as I did the first time but that was more because of the shape of my nipples. I didn't get the plugged ducts because I knew how to prevent it this time around.<br><br>
I think everyone is different and every baby is so different.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
It was as hard the second time for me, maybe harder. I had massive oversupply issues, plugged ducts, etc. And DS had a little tiny, tight mouth. I fought with him for months to get him to open up and latch correctly, so my nipples kept getting sore. DS just nurses very differently then DD did.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The first one was easier than falling off a log.<br><br>
This time around is mastitis mastitis mastitis.<br><br>
I don't think you can predict these things.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My second was hard too. But this time around I knew who to talk to, where to get help, and was able to get issues resolved MUCH faster. So in that respect it was easier. I also had a better idea of what to expect, and made better plans as far as house duties and such.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts