Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new nieghbor who has 20 mo twin girls. She's a single mom I think, as I have'nt seen a SO or heard her talk about one, and I have'nt asked, figuring it was'nt my business. She works nights. I would like to be friends and a good neighbor. So my question is, what would be helpful to YOU? If you were my new neighbor, what would you be happy to have me give you or offer? TIA!

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
How nice! I would be happy to have a buddy in the neighborhood to have playdates with. Other than that, at their age, I'm not sure it would be multiple related as much as what any single mom might need.

·
Registered
224 Posts
An offer to tea and adult talk is always welcome in our home. In time, you could offer some occasional childcare help as a break; I know I'm very blessed to have a DH and 16 year old to help with our 3 year old twins.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
You might offer to go together to the park, library, community event, etc and be an extra set of hands to help wrangle her twins. I found things like an un-fenced park or library story time to be somewhat difficult with two toddlers. But my guess is what she'd like most as someone new to your neighborhood is just a mama friend.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Food, definitely! Offers to watch her kids if that's something you're able to do...maybe if she has to run out for an hour to run some quick errands or something.

I think anyone new to a neighborhood would just love the chance to meet a possible new friend and have tea occassionally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.