Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really curious about these and would like to pose a few questions before I venture toward using/making them.
What kind of wool are they? Would a blend work, say mohair or angora? Are they undyed and if not, any festive butts out there? :LOL To felt or not to felt?
Any experiences at all would be helpful.

· Registered
1,558 Posts
You should felt your wool liners if you want to wash them in the machine. Mine are all felted prior to using them. They do get all pilly and ugly machine washing/drying. I wouldn't use angora b/c the tiny hairs might get in baby's nose. Unless you bought speciality angora *like Maria - KP*

I don't lanolize mine b/c I use them in the fitted under the hemp doubler. I want the wool to absorb the extra moisture so his fitted stays dry. You can lanolize them if you want - this would boost the hemp doubler. THe urine would leak through the hemp doubler and the lanolized wool would push the moisture back. Make sense?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.