Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Moms! I have an 11 year old son. He has always been the sweetest, caring, protective angel I dreamed of. Over the past few months he spends a lot of time on games. I just opened a business far from his school so i allowed him to have more gaming time as I am trying to get our businesses up and running. We currently stay at one of our businesses ( A motel) so there are no kids, and it’s too dangerous for him to go outside alone due to fact that there is only a parking lot and alot of traffic. I asked him to go with me to the store (it was late at night and a short walk in the same parking lot) bc I’m 5’2” and small so I figured 2 of us is better than just me going alone. He said no he’s playing. 6 months ago he would have begged to come. It’s just the 2 of us so he’s always been protective. I told him that I love him but I’m very disappointed that his game is more important than his Mom, then I went to my room and cried for what seems like forever. I know he loves me obviously but he loves his games and it’s the only thing that keeps him occupied while I’m at work so I’d feel bad taking away his only source of entertainment and he didn’t want to leave home and move to an isolated motel and restaurant. Idk what to do. I want him to be the caring boy I raised. Thank you in advance for any feedback!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts