Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest dd M has been going through a lot lately with her health. To make a long story short after eliminating some really, really scary possibilities they did an insulin test. The test came back and the news was not good. Her score was 52. I have no idea what that means but apparently that is really high? They have set us up with an appointment with an endocrinologist but I have no idea what is going on. I tried looking information up online but got lost really fast. I have no idea what I need to be looking at and there is a LOT of information out there. It would be like never having seen or ridden in a car and then suddenly needing to research which car to buy for your family. I dont even know were to start.
Aparently there is a type 1 and a type 2 diabetes. When and how will we find out which one M has? Also as she is only almost 13 it rests on my shoulders to riddle all of this out for her, but for the long term what should I be helping her with so that she can self manage her own health when she is older?
Sorry if I seem all over the place in this post, I just feel really overwhelmed but know it is important to take action as soon as possible.
Thank you all for any guidance you can provide.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.