Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
I think early ovulation is entirely possible. I always O early, although more like CD 11 or 12. I did some reading and found that very early ovulation can be an indicator of high FSH levels (sometimes associated with aging eggs), which is not good for conception. If that is the reason why you o early, meds might be needed to balance out the hormones a bit before getting pregnant. hopefully, it is just a matter of getting the timing right, now that you know you're oing early.

· Registered
211 Posts
Quote:
I often wondered if maybe our ovaries can work seperately from each other...like one goes early, or one doesn't take it's turn the way it's supposed too.
My cousin was of "advanced maternal age" (about 38 or 39) and they told her releasing more than one egg was much more common at her age...she had no idea it would happen to her! It took her 1 1/2 years to get pregnant with some help from her dr. They monitored her follicles and they were indeed maturing at different times. she released two eggs, 10 days apart from each other and BOTH fertilized much to their surprise. So in the end, she had twins from a double ovulation, but one twin always measured a week older (in the earlier ultrasounds that are more accurate for dating gestation.) So you never know!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.