Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you delivered there. I am really really wanting a homebirth and dh has been supportive of that but now that I'm pregant he's talking about not having money for a midwife.

I actually live in Louisville but I've heard that cnm's deliver at Floyd Memorial. Can anyone give me any references? I don't even know If I want a cnm to attend me because I don't know how medicalized the birth will actually be. The cnm may act/talk one way and then be completely different on the big day. kwim?

I'm just really really torn and I'm going to try my hardest to have this one at home. I'm not below taking money off a credit card to pay the midwife, lol! (If I can talk dh into it) But, just in case I want all the info I can get.

I do not want another birth like my first!

Any info you can give me would be awesome! TIA

Ina

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I'm a patient of the only CNM in the area, and she's incredible. I had my first at Clark Memorial rather than Floyd, and the nursing staff was VERY supportive of my birth plan. The practice is Stamm, Grady, and a couple of others- they've gotten a couple of new ones- and then CNM Beth Bary. She's a wonderful lady, and she tried absolutely everything to get me the birth I wanted. I unfortunately, for many valid reasons, ended up csection. I'm going to her this time for a possible VBAC. I asked her what her stats were as far as C-section rate, and she told me 5%, and then teased me for making it go up. Highly recommend both Clark and Beth.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Kate! DH and I have talked more and I'm pretty sure we're are gonna do a hb now but I am going to keep this info in mind.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you- you too!

Another cool thing about that practice- insurance covers having Beth, since she's part of it.

Good luck on your homebirth! You're much braver than I am. I can't wait to read your success story come July!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't so much as see myself as brave as I do scared, lol! I don't trust the OB's anymore. My mom and my sisters have all been to the same doc for both gyn and ob. She's the only Dr. I've seen. If I don't feel as if I can trust her then I don't think I could trust another, kwim? Yes, I'm nervous and anxious about the homebirth but I don't have that fear/trust issue going on and I think that's huge!

Thanks so much for the well wishes! I can't wait to read yours come May!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.