Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i started doing temping to find out when i ovulate - using it to NOT get pregnant. and i know that i have to temp first thing in the morning, before i get out of bed. but my husband was asking this morning, that the fact that i'm all warm and cozy in my bed, then take my temp, doesn't that skew the results a bit? or is it that since i am taking my temp the same time same way everyday, that it levels it all out? like, woudn't i be warmer temp from being in bed all night, warm unter my comforter? should i get out of bed for a few minutes then take my temp?

thanks!!

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
You body temperature drops while you are asleep. (That's why we "need" blankets while sleeping) Do NOT get out of bed, you want the heavy limbed feeling still there if possible.

You are using back up bc until you've charted a few cycles, right?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we're just using withdrawl. i do know that i can get prego that way, and if i did, it wouldn't be the end of the world, i would just prefer to wait a while.

but i'm being as careful as i can in the meantime.

thank you for the answer! makes sense! lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.