Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm a first time Mom and only child.
DS will be 2 in Aug. and we have him signed up to attend our neighborhood nursery school in the Fall 3 mornings a week. We did this right after he was born, as the school is very small, there was a baby boom in the neighborhood in the summer/fall of '07 and we weren't sure if I was going to need to go back to work. Turns out, we could use the few hours DS would be there for me to help with DH's business.
Anyhow, I'm visiting the school again today. It's been a while since I've been there. I was a little concerned about DS being only 2 but the school takes 2 year olds and his class will have a number of children the same age (the baby boom) and that he will know.
The school has been around since the 60's, is very informal and creative. I'm just wondering what kind of questions should I be asking. What kinda of things should I be looking for good or bad?
TIA for any ideas.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
You might want to post this in the learning at school forum.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=51

But for me, the things I looked for were how the teachers were with the kids, how excited they seemed to be there. How the kids were disciplined. How many kids were being rough or melting down etc. I also asked a lot about food/ snacks. If they are provided by the school what are they? If kids bring their own how do you stop them from eating each others food? Etc. I looked at the toys to see if they looked clean and well cared for, same with the space. I also would check out the bathroom/ diaper scene to see how that would work for your child.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you angelika13.
I didn't even look for a school forum. I don't have my brain wrapped around some of this stuff yet.

I'll check it out.
Thanks for the reply here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.