Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will cueing cause my baby to wait till I cue her before she goes? Like having to turn on the water to go to the bathroom. She is 9 months and we just started. My first daughter potty trained at 24 months I see now I kind of used some of the ec techniques. She would go naked alot and when I saw her about to go or felt she needed to I would take her to the potty. I have always been an avid diaper changer so with the second she is used to feeling dry so I think we can do this I just don't know if I can't do it full time I don't want to confuse her. Is it an all or nothing thing? I live in Texas and it is already 100 degrees here today the heat index was 105 and humid, this makes it impossible to put her on her potty while we run errands and public restrooms are not always available. SO many questions but I'm excited.

Rhiannon
Mom to Dorothy 12-10-00 and rose

·
Registered
677 Posts
elcome
hi how's it going? cueing is very interactive, you will pick up her signals as well as her ways of responding to your cues, and vice versa. this is how the communication develops.
hot weather is great for going bare bum
part time ec is ok
enjoy!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I did not do ec with my first two because I thought it was all or nothing. But, that's not how it is. My friend started ec with her ds at 8 months, and her only goal was to catch poop. Then, he started signaling for pee, too, so they just evolved together. Your baby will pee without you cueing. One thing I do while I am out is I will lay a diaper in my lap or in the back of the car or on the floor in some places, and cue her to pee onto the dipe. Just an idea. Good luck! I hope it's going well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How are you guys doing? An easy way to start is to take Rose to go pee right when she wakes up after napping or in the morning. We have the best luck outside though sometimes he doesn't go right off. Also, lately, sometimes am surprised by a poop (haven't had one in a parking lot yet, happily) AND he's been grabbing his package while peeing which can get us sprinkled. Anyway, what other questions do you have? It's really neat though time-consuming, for sure! I take my baby about every 1/2 hr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.