Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the quick dry diapers? how are they different. This is my first baby to diaper in several years and am overwhelmed at all the differences out there now.

I'm making my own, just curious what I can do to make things better. I was planning on using the cuddlebuns pattern but think they'll take forever to dry... I was thinkin gof making my own design for my little gal.

Any feedback would be wonderful!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Quick dry is wear the absorbent soaker portion of the diaper comes out of the shell in some way (it's very common to have snaps), but pocket diapers are also quick dry, and you could have a lay-in soaker as well. The big advantages are, obviously, that the drying time is reduced when you're not trying to dry so many layers. Another advantage is that some people feel it gets the diaper cleaner if the soaker can be totally removed from the dipe.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Although Cuddlebuns have a snap-in doubler, I would not describe them as "quick-drying". The diaper and the doubler are too thick to dry quickly. Doublers that you fold up, like the Luke's Drawers or Darling Diapers design, or Bizzy B Hive which snaps together, or Freshies or Sugar Peas snap-ins which fold up from the front - these are all effective quick-dry designs. Also Growing Greens dry very quickly and just have a snap-in soaker, not a folding style.

HTH -

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
if you have the CuddleBuns pattern and want it to be quickdry .... i would suggest making the diaper as the instuctions say...but without a soaker inside. Just do the body in however many layers you need.. then a "soaker" that can snap into the doubler snaps

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mama2kyla
if you have the CuddleBuns pattern and want it to be quickdry .... i would suggest making the diaper as the instuctions say...but without a soaker inside. Just do the body in however many layers you need.. then a "soaker" that can snap into the doubler snaps

What she said...... :LOL i made some CB like this......... they worked great......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts