Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this book? I am borrowing it from a friend & everything sounds so good. What do you suggest I make first? I have to give it back, but I want to try a few recipes to see if they are as good as they sound. If they are, I may just have to buy the book.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Ooh, I love Robin Robertson's cookbooks!

Lots of great things in this book. Off the top of my head (so recipe names are not exact), but there is a wonderful pasta with chard, golden raisins, and pinenuts. So easy and delicious, I make it every time I have fresh chard.

I also love the tempeh with peanut-coconut sauce.

I just made the Udon noodles with tahini sauce and bok choy that was very good.

Oh, and the recipe I use the most from the book is the "Beat the Clock Spinach Lasagne" - I even once brought it to a potluck at my son's pre-school and non-vegans gobbled it up.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to start with the ginger coconut sauce. I am going to use it on stir-fried tofu & snap peas over brown rice. I can't wait to try some of the salads.
:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I just grabbed my book off the shelf -

Here are a few more I have tried and recommend:

Mediterraenean Orzo Salad - really awesome dressing

Pretty Quick Pinto Picadillo - yum! I love the sweet & salty combo of apples and green olives in this.

Peanut Butter and Tomato Quesadillas - Sounds strange, but I have found myself craving this when I am hungry at night - takes only 5 mintes to make

Potato "Dosadillas" - I wish I had leftover mashed potatoes more often to make this! I tried it once and was delicious.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
Peanut Butter and Tomato Quesadillas - Sounds strange, but I have found myself craving this when I am hungry at night - takes only 5 mintes to make
Really??? That is the one recipe that made me think "yuck" may be I will have to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Really??? That is the one recipe that made me think "yuck" may be I will have to give it a try.
I thought that at first, but I love savory peanut dishes so I gave it a try. Adding the salt and pepper and tomato makes it really good.

I have also adapted this recipe to be more of a sweet traditional PB&J dish - you can just put peanut butter on the tortillas and grill them and then dip the quesadillas into jelly.

Tonight I made the Zucchini and Pesto Strata - it was extremely flavorful. It is a baked dish with bread cubes, tomatoes, zucchini and roasted peppers in a pesto-white bean sauce. Required some amount of chopping beforehand, but once assembled it is nice to just have dinner in the oven and be able to do other things.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
Tonight I made the Zucchini and Pesto Strata - it was extremely flavorful. It is a baked dish with bread cubes, tomatoes, zucchini and roasted peppers in a pesto-white bean sauce. Required some amount of chopping beforehand, but once assembled it is nice to just have dinner in the oven and be able to do other things.
That sounds awesome! I might have to try that next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.