Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you awesome mamas here can help me to help a friend! She lives in the Boone area and is expecting her 2nd baby soon. She is *really* wanting a VBAC and needs an awesome doula to support her.

Could you please send me your recommendations for great doulas in this area?

Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
There was a wonderful doula up there (which Boone is only 50 min, from me) who also worked with the Watauga county health dept. as a lactattion consultant, and she is really great. I will try to look up her name in the next few days. I was also a doula for many years, along witha being a direct entry midwife and RN in this whole western/central NC area since 1985. However, I did return to gradschool in 2003 & completed the nurse-midwifery program at StonyBrook, and then re-opened my homebirth practice, but now as a CNM. so, I no longer serve as a doula, any longer. I have a daughter who has had 2 homebirths and one non-interventive hospital birth, and ,occasionally, served as a doula, she may be interested. If someone wants to PM me, I will leave a message for my daughter, and then I can/we can relay info through private messaging.

Blessings to all,

Karen Benfield, CNM & owner of BirthTender, a homebirth practice, primary office near Hickory, small satellite offices in Boone and one in Denver, NC which is a liitle north of Charlotte. I do cover a 2 hour radius.

·
Registered
60 Posts
you may already have a wonderful doula for your friend, but if not, i may be able to help! i live in boone, as well. i just had an incredible homebirth and my midwife also acts as a doula sometimes. she is amazing and i know she would be so strong and supportive to your friend. also, the woman who i took childbirth ed from is a doula and such a strong, yet gentle, sweet woman. ill be happy to give you both of their info if you private message me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am working on certification now, but have a passion for assisting other mommies attempting VBACs. I have a 6 week old who is the product of a VBAC. I had a wonderful, wonderful experience. I did tons of research, blogged, talked with many OBs and midwives, prayed, prayed, and prayed some more. I had determined through this pregnancy that my calling was to assist mothers, specifically those pursuing VBACs in labor and delivery. I would love to meet her and encourage her... My e-mail is [email protected] I work in Boone. Where is she planning on delivering? The closest is Hickory and Winston, but I personally traveled to High Point because I had such a supportive team there. I would not take that back for one second. I am happy to share my experience!!! Delivered my son VBAC on June 9th after 67 hours of labor!!! 7lb 8oz. Magical experience!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.