Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help!!

My friend had a baby a couple weeks ago and has not been able to get the baby to latch on. She has been pumping full time. She saw 3 lactation consultants in the hospital and none of them helped. She is getting really worn out of pumping and said she would see 1 more lactation consultant before giving up.

I need a rec to a REALLY good lactation consultant in Orlando. Preferably East Orlando.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not in East Orlando-she's in Maitland, but Pat Lindsay is the person to see. She's the name that everyone gave me when I was pregnant (and knew that I'd probably need breastfeeding help due to supply issues.)

Her office is part of Sunshine Pediatrics (which is the pediatrician we use for my daughter-I like Dr. Rodriguez too ) so when you call, you'll get the menu for them; she's option 4, I think. 407-215-0400.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I passed the info on and she seems to think she already saw Pat. Does Pat teach a breastfeeding class at Winnie Palmer? She said that is where she met her and she wasn't able to help. Maybe there are 2 Pat's?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
Thanks. I passed the info on and she seems to think she already saw Pat. Does Pat teach a breastfeeding class at Winnie Palmer? She said that is where she met her and she wasn't able to help. Maybe there are 2 Pat's?
I don't think she teaches at Winnie Palmer...we always see her in the office though. I can't imagine she wouldn't be really trying to help...when my daughter was a newborn and we were having mega-supply issues, we were on the phone with Pat constantly...she was away for the weekend and had us calling her cell phone at regular intervals to check in.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I have heard wonderful things about Pat Lindsey.

Also, has your friend been to the Central Florida Breastfeeding Center in Orlando?? Two ladies from the Central Florida Birth Network work there as breastfeeding counselors, and I believe they have a lactation consultant on staff at all times, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.