Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I MC naturally this morning.. Im alittle unsure of what I actually passed..
I mean it was alot larger than I thought it would be.. It appears to be a sac type substance with a small cord hanging off.. I cant see whats really "inside" since its very bloody and has what apppears to be clots and some matter on it.. Is this the baby? Or is it possible its the placenta as well?Its shaped just like all the pics of seen of a 9 weeker (cocoon kidney bean shape)and is over 3 inche slong and 2 inches thick
My bleeding now is only about 1/2 tbs about every 2 hrs. I am just nervous if the placenta is still inside.
TY

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
big
momma.
I'm sorry, I can offer no words of wisdom.. just wanted to send a hug your way on this sad day.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I would suggest that you have a follow up ultrasound so they can see if it looks like you are retaining any tissue. It sounds like it may be the baby. Big hugs to you, mama.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm so very sorry mama. I can't answer your question (my m/c was at 6 weeks) but wanted to send you gentle

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TY My bleeing is almost all gone just spotting now so Im praying that everything passed. I wills ee my Dr on monday

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey there - this sounds a lot like what I saw. I had what was clearly a sac (it was whitish and clear with a huge bloody clot attached at the side). Im so sorry for your loss and I too hope that you have done it all on your own and wont need further intervention.
You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It sounds like it probably was the baby. It sounds similar to what my experience was. I didn't deliver the placenta until the next day though

HUGS HUGS

·
Registered
612 Posts
It sounds like your body did very well with the miscarriage, fwiw. I'm so sorry for you. It sounds like that probably was the baby and placenta. You'll know by your bleeding. If it continues to decrease and then turns brown, then you are most likely done. If you keep seeing more bright red and more bleeding over the next few days, then you probably have some more and it will come.

Hugs to you!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I stopped bleeding very quickly after our son was born--only had brown blood--and had a big bit of placenta with the umbilical cord attached. The ultrasound showed that I still had a LOT of retained placenta. Ours was a second trimester loss so I don't now that this applies to yours, but my cervix was firm and closed and my bleeding was gone. It's always smart to watch for signs of infection if you can't get in to get an ultrasound. I had NO CLUE that I still had retained placenta. I am not trying to scare you. Just be vigilant and watch your temps.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I'm so sorry you're going through this.
I passed the placenta a couple of days after the main miscarriage (most of the bleeding had stopped by then). I was watching my temps carefully, and starting to feel better, and then I sat down on the toilet to poop and felt something coming out of my vagina as well, so I put my hand down to catch it and there it was. I bled more heavily that evening, but that stopped relatively quickly, and I was finally done. I hope you are finished--I know that part was hard for me...I just wanted CLOSURE, and I didn't want to have to spent a lot of money getting an ultrasound to confirm it.

For what it's worth, my placenta (at 11 weeks) was about 3 inches in diameter and had the little sac thing attached. I did finally have a follow up meeting with my midwives a couple of weeks later to confirm that my cervix felt closed, my uterus was back to "pre-pregnant" size, and I took a pregnancy test that was negative. All "good" signs...that still made me sad even as they made me feel relieved
So sorry you're going through this.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I really appreciate what moonglow said. your body did everything just perfect.

huge hugs to you. I would say yes it was the baby. others in the sticky here (exactly what to expect) said they popped open the sac so they could see baby.

again, I'm SO sorry.
Rebecca

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.