Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making Jackie's cheesy bacon macaroni and am wondering if garlic powder (not salt) is free of wheat and corn.

Thanks,
Tracy

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
I hate to ask but- Jackie's cheesy bacon macaroni? Is this mine?
And did you end up making it? Was it good?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was your recipe! Sorry to have butchered your name! And can I just say, it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got gf/cf applegate bacon, I'm pretty sure it was corn free (if you don't count what the pig ate).

BTW, how long is bacon grease good in your fridge (I never thought I'd be asking that question much less saving bacon grease)? I'm assuming only as long as the cooked meat would be, about 3 days?

Thanks,
Tracy

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
we'll keep bacon grease in the fridge up to a month (in a closed container). My grandparents used to keep it uncovered in the fridge for a while (but when I cleaned out their freezer, I found nuts from the 60s so maybe they're not a good example).

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wugmama View Post
Yes, it was your recipe! Sorry to have butchered your name! And can I just say, it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got gf/cf applegate bacon, I'm pretty sure it was corn free (if you don't count what the pig ate).

BTW, how long is bacon grease good in your fridge (I never thought I'd be asking that question much less saving bacon grease)? I'm assuming only as long as the cooked meat would be, about 3 days?

Thanks,
Tracy
It's all good. I prefer Jacqueline, but a lot of people call me Jackie. You're the first one to do so on MDC though.

I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. I know some of my recipes are a little odd to some people, so I always have to ask if I know someone's tried something.

My gran kept hers in the fridge for up to a month, just like Kathy, covered. If it "turns", you will *know*. It's rank. Really.

Gran used it in *everything* where you'd need a solid oil, though (biscuits are the only thing coming to mind atm, but I know there were others) as well as for frying other things. However, she also strained hers through cheesecloth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.